Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's Snowing...

There had been talk yesterday that we might get some snow. There were some predictions of 4 to 7 inches. But, who knows, right??? This morning Judah and I were hanging out in the bed when I remembered said predictions and hopped out of bed to see if there was a small chance that it was snowing. Low and behold the ground was white and so were the trees.

Maybe it is the fact that I pretty much grew up in Florida, but I could barely contain my excitement. I mean honest to goodness SNOW!!! Not just falling but piling up all around (at least to my Floridian standard). Before long, I got a call from my DH saying that he would be heading home early because of the weather. I put a pot of soup on the stove to warm him up when he got home and then I started getting us bundled up to got play outside. There is not much point in having half of a snow day without playing in the snow, right???
It is probably the fact that we are from Florida and snow is so very, very rare that makes us/me excited about getting out in it. We walked around in the snow and took some pictures. My DH built us some snow men while Judah and I watched from indoors because Judah decided that he didn't really care for the cool wind that accompanied the snow.
It was a light snowfall most of the day and I am not sure how much snow we actually got. But, I do know that this Southern girl was happy and excited to look out the window and see little snowflakes falling.

3 Comments:

Hammond Bride said...

That is the cutest little snow family I've seen in a while! Way to go hubs!

Brandi said...

Love the snow family! And little Judah is getting so big!!!

Charree said...

Allison~ Thank you! I thought Matt did a great job.

Brandi~ Thanks! I can't believe how big and how quickly Judah is growing.

I hope each of you ladies have a blessed week!
~Charree