Monday, October 5, 2009

Any New News (38 Weeks)...

Hello everyone! Apparently these little two week hiatuses are just part of my life right now. I am sorry if I have left you hanging about whether or not the baby has arrived...

But, our little boy still has not made his entrance. However, since the last post I did have a false alarm that had us spending half of the day in Labor and Delivery at the hospital and got my mom on the road between here and Florida. Turns out even though I was having very regular "mini-contractions" they weren't the real deal and we were discharged. My mom did wind up coming on out here though since we weren't sure if things would kick into high gear or not. We had a great time getting to have some girl time. We mainly shopped, talked, walked around, and ate. It was nice to actually get to hang with my mom instead of us being consumed by a project around here.

Me and the tummy at 38 weeks and 3 days.

This week is the week though. My Lovenox injections have been switched to twice a day Heparin injections so that I can have an epidural if I want it. I had a check up today and everything seems good. The baby is still happy and he had the hiccups almost the whole time I was on the monitor today. I go in later on this week to be induced. So this is the week and I can't believe that this time next week I will be holding my own little boy, my son. I am soooo excited.

Today I zoned the nursery and my hallway. Tomorrow I am going to zone our bedroom, the kitchen, and the bathroom. On Wednesday, I am going to zone the office/dogs' room and living/dining room. I had a lot of energy this morning and I think that the adreniline of the baby coming (nesting) and the fact that both my parents and my in-laws are coming is helping me finish off my to do list.

Hopefully I will be back before I am induced because I had a couple of things I wanted to share that I am just too tired right now to write out. But, if not, then next time you here from me I will be holding my little boy. :-D

8 Comments:

Lived With Love said...

Aww i cant wait til you have him! do you have a name yet? xx

Unknown said...

yay!! your joy is contagious, and I love that about you!

Anonymous said...

You look precious. I am so excited for you and your family.

Melissa said...

That is so exciting!!!! I'm so excited for you! I pray that everything goes well and your baby boy will be brought home to a nice cozy, clean home that you want very much for it to be. I'm sure nesting is fun!

Melissa :D

Allison said...

Oooh, I'm a little jealous. I still have 3 more weeks. I'm glad you're able to get all the last minute nesting done. I know how that can hang over your head.

I do recommend taking the epidural as soon as they'll allow it. Induced contractions are un-naturally painful and only 3% of women give birth without an epidural when induced. Don't feel pressure to go without it. I unfortunately tried that with my son and regret it very much. It made me not want to give birth again for quite some time.

I'll be praying for your delivery and a smooth recovery!

Davene said...

Thanks for the update! I'm so excited for you, and I'll pray that all goes well as you bring forth your little son! :)

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

You look radiant! I pray all goes well for you and your firstborn.

Davene said...

Well? Any news??? :)