Monday, September 21, 2009

The This and That of the Last Few Weeks...

Hey everybody! I hope that all of you had a good weekend and that some autumn weather is starting to show up around your home (I guess that is if you like fall weather).

Things have been busy and not busy around here. I have been getting some stuff done, just not as much as I would like to get done. My DH keeps telling me to not worry about it and not to be expecting myself to do everything I was doing since I am 8/9 months pregnant.

Yesterday was a busy day for us; but, I God supplied me all the energy I needed. Even though on the ride back home I could feel how exhausted I was. We went to church from 10-12, then some of me dear friends hosted a baby shower for me from 2-4 (pictures and a post to come about it), then a friend of ours did maternity pictures for us from 5:30-7, then my DH's work had its annual picnic from 5-8 (which we showed up late for).

I need to gather up pictures from different people's camera and do a post on the baby shower. I had such a nice time. I also feel really glad that our maternity pictures are done. I have a few that she took on my camera to share, but all of the ones of my DH and I don't have yet. (I had to degrade the quality of them so that they wouldn't take forever to load.)
On the pregnancy front, I am in the middle of week 36. We have been going to the twice a week appointments and they tell us that the baby is happy. I don't think he really likes the heart rate monitor very much because every time he moves out from under the monitor and we lose his heart rate. The doctor recommended that I eat some protein before we come and some sugar. So we have been eating some eggs and cheese and then eating a scone or an apple fritter before we go. On the days I eat the sugar, the baby moves around a lot. It is so funny.

The doctor said that he has dropped and I have been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contrations; but no real ones yet. So we were less than 3 weeks away from meeting our little boy. Yay!!!

The nursery is almost finished. My DH finished the shelves he was building for me on Saturday and now they are off to the refinishing guy. I will give a tour of it once I get it done, which will hopefully be next week.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. That is one thing I regret not doing is having my pregnancies photographed.

Charree said...

Thank you! I have been getting nervous that I was not going to get them done because it has rained each time we had previously set up.

I hope you have a blessed day!
~Charree

Nanci said...

Your portraits are WONDERFUL! I'm so partial to black and white or sepia tone portraits, so you can easily guess which is my favorite. These will be such nice keepsakes.

Liz said...

Awww, your portraits turned out beautfully! I had that done with my first, but not my second. I really wish I had with my second one too. Congratulations on your pregnancy also. I'm sure you will love being a mommy. I have two little boys and they are wonderful!

I found a comment you had left on my blog long ago, that I apparently never saw until now. Sometimes I don't get the email notifications for some reason. I apologize for not visiting sooner. I will bookmark your site and will definitely be back!

Charree said...

Nanci~
I am a really big fan of B&W photos too. I think that they simplify things and help you focus on the subject easier.

Liz~
It is really nice to meet you. I look forward to reading your blog. I just can't wait to meet our little boy!!!