Thursday, September 3, 2009

From August to September...

Happy September to all of you (3 days late)!!! Is the fall weather starting to pop its head around in your area? First thing in the mornings, the weather has the slightest little hint of fall around here. I just can't wait until it gets a little cooler and the air just smells of fall.

August is now history and I am really happy with all of the productivity of it. I made a ton of progress getting things around here ready for our little boy's arrival. His nursery is almost done; but, we have hit a few potholes in regards to the shelves my husband was building for me and the refinishing of the rocking chair. I am praying it works out though.

Our childbirth classes are over with. I learned a nice amount of stuff. Next week I am attending a Breastfeeding Class and then my DH and I are attending an Infant CPR class a few weeks later.

I have worked on a few sewing projects over the last few weeks. I am currently finishing up a few nursing covers and need to accent some burp clothes. My goal is to have both of these projects done by the end of the long weekend.

This month one of my goals is to actually get my ETSY shop up and running. I have several items that I have been wanting to list for the last 6 months but I haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully this month is the month.

This week I am wanting to put away all of the random summer decorations around the house and give everything a good cleaning. Then next week I have hopes of putting out all of my fall decorations. I just absolutely love to decorate for fall and light spice scented candles.

I am pretty sure that fall (autumn) is one of my favorite seasons. I enjoy rretty much everything that surrounds fall. The apples, the pumpkins, the leaves, and smells. What about you?

13 Comments:

Davene said...

Spring is definitely my favorite, but fall IS delightful! It's always fun for me to experience the beginning of a seasonal change. After living in 2 season places for a number of years, living in a 4 season environment is wonderful. :)

I like the new look of your blog! The header picture is beautiful, and I think the new background makes everything easier to read. Very nice!

Charree said...

Davene~
Texas doesn't get much of 4 seasons, but I will settle for what I can get. I bet where you live is wonderful.
Thanks, I figured I'd start decorating for fall with my blog. :-D
Have a nice day!

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

I LOVE fall, it is by far my favorite season. I can't wait to see pics of your nursing covers and burp cloths. It's so fun sewing for little babies and waiting for their arrival. And you get to have a baby in the best season!!

Allison said...

Charee,
Since you're in the sewing mood, I'd thought I'd recommend this pattern:

http://www.vanillajoy.com/how-to-boppy-cover.html

I just made it for the Boppy I used with my son and now we're having a girl so it needed a new cover. The pattern is fairly simple and it does turn out nicely.

Have fun sewing this weekend!

Charree said...

Thank you Allison for the pattern. Congratulations on the little girl. How exciting! When are you due?

Charree said...

Cherishing Young Biblical Womanhood ~

I will have to post some pictures of the covers. I am so excited that the house will be decorated for fall when our little boy arrives. Enjoy your fall weather!

~Charree

Allison said...

Oct. 28th!

Charree said...

Oh how fun Allison!!! So we are both getting to the "how much bigger can I really get" stage. Is your little boy excited?

Allison said...

He is excited some days and uninterested others which other moms assure me is normal for a 3 year old. I'm afraid the pregnancy must seem so long to him at that age because as you pointed out it seems long to us already at this point! I'm getting pretty uncomfortable and wondering if the Lord might see fit to bring her a little early :)

Charree said...

I guess nine months to a 3 year old seems to last forever. Do you have a name picked out yet?

Allison said...

Yes, we do but (like with our son) we're keeping it a secret until the baby arrives. It's slighty annoying to our friends and family but really fun for my husband and I.

How about you?

Charree said...

We have narrowed it down to two, but wanted the name to be a surprise for our families as well. So, we aren't telling.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to have found your blog again. I hope all is well.