Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Little Bit of This and That....

I am sorry that I haven't really been posting that much recently. I have not been doing much to share about so I have found it kind of hard to write posts.

On Monday, we went to the doctors. She did an ultrasound and things have continued to develop. One of the big things that we were looking for was a fetal pole or a heartbeat. The first thing that we saw was a heartbeat. The moment that I saw it on the screen, the tears came. I was just so happy to see my little one and its little heartbeat. I go back in about 2 weeks for another ultrasound. I did start spotting again on Monday morning before my appointment and it got worse as the day went on. It is starting to lighten up some but I have done nothing but lay on my back for the last two days. It seems to be doing the trick so it is well worth it. I have two ultrasound pictures but the scanner isn't set up so I can't post a picture of them. We will know after my next appointment when due date will be. My doctor is saying the later third of October which puts me about 6 1/2 weeks along.

While my mom was here she helped me decorate for spring. I have been dying to take some pictures but my house is quite cluttered right now. Maybe sometime this weekend I will be able to take some pictures. I have some new spring decorations that I bought last year after season and I really like what my mom did with them.

The little boy that I watch, J., has been in the hospital twice in a little over a week. Last May he got the croup and had to go into the hospital. Well last Monday he spent the whole day and night in the hospital and yesterday he was readmitted to undergo breathing treatments because he has the croup again. He was released last night and he may or may not be coming over thins afternoon. Hopefully he will get to feeling better soon.

For dinner we are having cubed steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and salad. It is one of my DH's favorite meals.

Hope your day is great!

6 Comments:

Brittany said...

My hubby likes cube steak too! I made it for him because my dad made it growing up and he asked for more the next day!

Its so good to hear you heard the baby's heart beat. I bet it is so amazing to hear that! I'm sorry you've started to bleed again though. Get some rest, I'll keep you in my prayers!

Have a great evening!

Brittany

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

Thank you for the kind comment and prayer. I will pray for your little one as well. God is in the business of miracles. I had a miscarriage and I know the heart-ache of it, God then blessed me with twins. I bled with the twins, and the Doctor told me I was going to miscarry, he was so sure I was going to miscarry he gave me my Rhogam shot(rh negative) and sent me on my way. Little did he know what God had in store for me, I always wanted to go back and show him my 2 treasures. God Bless you and continue to rest on Him, he is so faithful.

Lori said...

Hi!
I'm so happy your ultrasound went well. I know I would've started crying too after seeing the heartbeart.

You take it easy. Thinking of and praying for you.

Lori

Anonymous said...

PRAISE the LORD for the heartbeat. Isnt that wonderful???!!!!! A great moment!

Terri said...

Praise God!!!! That has to be the most wonderful moment. :-)

Julieann said...

I am so overjoyed to read about the heart beat---YAY!! I have goosebumps...LOL. There is nothing in this world better then that sound.

(((Chareee)))


Julieann