Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A New Job...


I am very excited to announce that I will begin a new job in mid-August. It is just the job for me and I will enjoy what I will be doing immensely.

A month or so ago, our pastor asked me if I was looking for a job in the fall. Because I enjoy being home (and we have the financial means so that I don't have to work outside of the home right now), I haven't been actively looking for a job that would put my outside of our home. However, if I could find a job that I could do from home, it would be a blessing so that my DH and I could save up some money for when we have our first child.

A month or so ago, our pastor asked me if I was looking for a job in the fall and asked if I was interested in a job for the church. He had a few other people that he was thinking about for the job and asked my DH and I if we would be praying about it. When my DH and I got back from our trip to Florida, our pastor told me that he wanted me to do the job and said we would meet and work out the details.

Today, I met with our pastor to discuss the details of the job. I will be basically the church Public Relations (PR) person and church "administrator." It is great because I will work about 10 hours a week, but it will be from my home. I will be doing PR things which is what my major in college was.

Isn't it neat how God works!

In celebration of my new job, my DH took me out for a celebration dinner. We went to T.G.I. Friday's (which is one of my favorite places to eat).

I just wanted to pass on my good news. I hope that all of you have a blessed day!

4 Comments:

Rebecca said...

What a blessing that is! And such a perfect situation!

I have wanted a situation like that for many years, well-five to be exact. Nothing ever came up where I could work at home, and unfortunately, we COULD use the money!

Well, I just recently started up an Etsy shop, so, we'll see how that goes.

CONGRATULATIONS on a PERFECT situation for you!

Kelli said...

That is wonderful, Charree, especially the working from home part!! Congratulations!

Kelli

Julieann said...

Charree, that is sooooo awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Julieann

Meredith said...

Neat!