Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catching Up...

Life over the last few months have been extremely busy for me.  I am still learning the ever changing balance of being a wife, a mom, a daughter, a friend, a crafter, and most importantly a child of God.  

Since my last blog post a lot of stuff has gone on (obviously I haven't quite figured out where blogging fits in).

My DH finished his dissertation late last summer, defended it in October, and graduated with his PhD in December.  Praise the Lord that chapter of our life of done!
My little boy turned two in October.  We celebrated in style (true Texas style) with a vintage cowboy birthday party.  He had a total blast and we have been listening to "yee-haw" music ever since. 
We traveled to Florida for Thanksgiving this past year.  

We hosted Christmas at our own house for the first time.  We didn't do any traveling except to see Christmas lights (which we did quite often).

Magdalene has gone from being a snuggling newborn to a precious girl who is crawling and has started pulling up.

We spent most of January and February praying about where our church home should be.  After five years, God has led us away from what was our church home.  Now, we are prayerfully seeking where he wants us next.

I have started the Beth Moore study of Esther with a friend.  

Through out the time of prayer of the last couple of months, God has been showing me a lot of neat things for my life and what being the wife and mom He has called me to be looks like in a practical way.

It is amazing what all can happen in just a few months isn't it??? 




6 Comments:

Brandi said...

So good to see you back in blogland!

Davene Grace said...

I agree with Brandi! I'm so glad to read an update from you and see pictures of your sweet family!! :)

Megalamode said...

It's so good to hear from you again! Believe it or not, you crossed my mind just the other day! So glad to hear you're doing well.

Megan

Charree said...

Brandi - Thanks!

Davene - Thank you and congratulations on your baby girl! How exciting!!!

Megalamode - Hey! Isn't it funny how through blogs you kinda' connect with people you've never met and then months later they pop into your head?!?

Megalamode said...

Yes, it is funny!

I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It meant a lot to me.

Mrs. U said...

Your family is so beautiful!!! And boy those babies are growing fast, aren't they? Too quick, for sure!!!

Congratulations on the PhD!!! I know how hard the work is (Mr. U has his ThD, so I know the hours involved and the diligence required!!!). YAY!!

Praying for you about a new church. We're going through changes here, too. Hard to change, for sure.

His,
Shari