Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Showing Some School Spirit...

This past weekend, we had some of my DH's students over for dinner and dessert. We had 15 students over, which made our little house extremely cozy. However, it was fun having them over and getting to meet some of the students my DH teaches.
All but two of the students we had over are freshman. It was funny because for the first time in my life, I introduced myself as "Mrs. _____". I think I truly felt "old" for the first time when I was introducing myself to all of these college freshman.

So in keeping with school spirit, I made some ribbons to go around my drink bucket and tried to make the table look festive without spending a bunch of money.

For dessert I we had a Brownie-Strawberry Triffle, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, and some fruit. The school provided Lasagna, Salad, and Breadsticks.
I couldn't believe it, but of the 4 dozen cookies I made only four were eaten and we had 1/4 of the triffle left. I also bought 4 12-packs of various soda, a 12-pack of water, and a couple of containers of Simply Lemonade. Hardly any of the sodas were drank, 1/4 of the lemonade was left, and all but 4 of the waters were drank. I was worried about having enough (especially considering there were 18 year old guys there, but apparently I was wrong.

Good thing we are going to be LIFE Group hosts for church and we can use up the sodas.

2 Comments:

Davene said...

Good for you for hosting those students; I'm sure they appreciated it very much!

The desserts look scrumptious. :)

Charree said...

Thanks Davene! It was really fun having all of them over.