Saturday, June 9, 2007

Diapers, Onesies, and Cake...

Today I hosted a Baby Shower for my dear friends K. She and I are really good friends and when she told she was expecting I told her that I wanted to throw her a shower. This is her second child and she is having another boy. So, the shower was not to big but as some would call it, it was a "sprinkle" of an event.

For favors I stacked three scented tea lights and wrapped them in colorful tissue paper and ribbon.

The menu consisted of apples and caramel dip, a veggie tray, a fruit tray, spinach dip and crackers, chips and french onion dip, chicken salad, and croissants.

This is a picture of the table after the shower was over, I forgot to take a picture before. Rats!

I made the cake myself and was really happy with the way that it turned out. Here are a few pictures of it.


I also tried a punch recipe from Paula Dean. Here is the recipe.


I did place a few balloons in the living room to give the house the party "feel".


For games we did the traditional word scrambles and trivia games. We also did the mommy's girth game. We also played a make the baby's picture game. In which guests create what they think the baby will look like by taking elements from baby pictures in magazines.

We had a really nice time. K gave me this picture frame as a hostess gift.

4 Comments:

Kelli said...

It looks like a fun baby shower, Charree! The favors are so cute and you did a great job on the cake! What a wonderful blessing for your friend!
Kelli

Charree said...

Thanks Kelli!

Julieann said...

Charree--your baby shower looked really great--and your food table still looked yummy!!

I want another baby :::giggles:::

Julieann:)

Charree said...

Thanks Julieann!