Thursday, April 30, 2009

This April Past...

Okay, so it is once again time to check off another month of 2009. The year is passing by so quickly. So now its time to see what happened this month.

Well, the first few days of the month were spent on a train going to and from Chicago with a few days in Chicago. My DH had a work obligation to go to and since I had never been to Chicago before I figured why not tag along. Our train ride was over 24 hours each way, but we had a nice time. It was less stressful and hurried than flying. However, it did take a LONG time to get there. We counted the train ride as part of our days of "vacation". If you were extremely excited to get where you were going than the train is would not be your choice mode of transportation. While we were in Chicago we ate dinner at the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the Hancock building and ate dinner overlooking Lake Michigan. We went to see a Shakespeare play on Navy Pier. I did a little bit of shopping while my DH was workinh, but considering that my waist is getting bigger clothes weren't really much of a temptation. We walked down to Printers' Row one day and looked around there. We also had the opportunity to go the Chicago Art Institute. It was a short trip, but we had a nice time. By the way, I brought my camera but never took a picture.

We were able to spend Easter with some friends from church. We had a great time getting to visit with each other and eat.

My sister is on her way here as we speak and I am so very happy that she is getting to come. I am sure that we will have a good time and that I will have some pictures to share.

I will have an update on my pregnancy tomorrow. All I have to say is God is so good with my ever-nervous heart.

This month has been busy with the a lot of little things. I have been watching the kiddos regularly, but they are hitting a new stage of interaction which sometime borders on needing a peacekeeper to make sure that A. understands that J. didn't mean to hurt her. He was just trying to walk past. I often think that watching these two is like my family boot camp; I am getting the necessary training for the years ahead. Case and point: A. loudly yells into the kitchen, "Charree, J. is trying to use the crayons!" Then I say, "Well, why can't he use the crayons? He just wants to color like you are doing." A. then responds, "Well if I let him use the crayons he might not let me use them at all." I then say, "So, you don't want to share with J. because he might not share with you? Does that seem right?" A. then says, "Here J. let's share these. Leave them right here in the middle, ok." Kids, I tell you they crack me up, completely crack me up.

The temperatures have been nice around here which makes you want to enjoy it while you can because the Texas heat is on its way. We have taken the opportunity to go to the zoo a few times and sat a the back porch a few times as well. It is so nice to see all of the blooms around and to actually be able to enjoy them.

My DH and I started a new Ballroom dance class this week. It is the follow up class to the one that we took last summer. We weren't too rusty on the steps this week; but, next week may be a completely different story. We'll have to see.

The scripture that sums up my month is Psamls 91:1-4.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Well, that is my month and it wasn't to eventful. Has anything neat or interesting happened to you this month? How did your month go?

0 Comments: